where to buy codiene is a painkiller that is part of a group of medicines called opiates. It’s used to treat pain, for example, after an operation or an injury. It’s also used for ongoing pain when painkillers such as anhave not worked. Codeine is also used to treat
It works in the central nervous system and the brain to block pain signals to the rest of the body. It also reduces the anxiety and stress caused by pain.
Codeine is available on prescription and comes as tablets, a liquid you swallow and as an injection. Codeine injections are usually only given in hospital.
You can also buy lower-strength codeine from a pharmacy. It comes mixed with paracetamolor with aspirin or with ibuprofen
Pharmacies also sell codeine as a syrup (linctus) to treat dry coughs.
where to buy codiene cough syrup
- The most common side effects of codeine are constipation, feeling sick (nausea) and feeling sleepy.
- It’s possible to become addicted to codeine, but your doctor will explain how to reduce the risks of this happening.
- If you need to take codeine for more than a few weeks, your treatment plan may include details of how and when to stop taking this medicine.
- It may be best not to drink alcohol while taking codeine as you’re more likely to get side effects like feeling sleepy.
- Do not give codeine to children under 12. Only give codeine to
where to buy codiene Someone gave me codeine at work one day when I was unwell and I enjoyed the sensation of it – and then I went to France and at the time you could get strong painkillers over the counter. My boyfriend took his own life, so I was in a really bad place and living away from home and family. I started taking the drug to cope,” she said.
While she could get the drug easily in France, back in the UK she found the best way to obtain it was through online regulated pharmacies.